Wednesday, April 2, 2008

$10,000 in 10 weeks!

I am a single mum with 2 daughters, I receive parenting pension and also run my own business from home doing web development but still we always seem to end up struggling with the bills and debts.

We have 10 weeks until we leave Australia for a family holiday in Ireland to see family who we haven't seen in 10 years. I have paid for a lot already, all the return flights to Ireland are covered, half of a week in Spain, a deposit on some accomodation, but hell we still have a long, long way to go.

I have worked out with the money that I have saved and by the time we leave which is in about 10 weeks we will have very little left to cover a holiday where we are going to be away for 2 months.

I have worked out that we need to raise $10,000 extra in 10 weeks.

So here I am, on the start of what is going to have to be a very accelerated journey on how to raise money fast. And yes, like all the people here I am also struggling with debt, $15,000 over 3 credit cards, the payments are killing me with the interest and any penalties. So I guess not only do we need to save but also square up some debts to more maneagable proportions so we can go away knowing we have at least left our debts in a manageable state.

I will post more tomorrow but would love to hear from anyone able to help. I will also post any useful tips for others here that I happen to find on my journey. I have purchased a domain name tonight, my first step,
www.backtoderry.com , am yet to set it up so I have some hard work ahead of me!

p.s. my mother is in hospital long term so doesn't have a house at the minute so we have to cover accommodation while there which is turning out to be very expensive especially converting the aussie dollar to the UK pound or euro!

If anyone out there can help, even if it is only $1 or $5 it would be well appreciated! I believe in karma and the good old what goes around comes around. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!















No comments: